They play an important role in brewing and baking industry. They form alcoholic beverages under anaerobic conditions. S. cerevisiae plays an important role in brewing industry. This species also play an important role in baking industry by forming carbon dioxide and alcohol. They are also used as vitamin rich food. They also spoil food stuffs. They play a vital role in formation of silk. Some of the species like candida albicans attack human beings and lead to thrush and inflammation of genital organs. Some of the species of cryptococcus and torula also attack human beings.
Discuss The Economic Importance Of Yeast Which Belongs To Kingdom Fungi?
- Explain The Life History Of Rhizopus Of Kingdom Fungi?
- What Are The Lichens?
- What Are The Phycomycetes Group Of Fungi?
- What Are The Basidiomycetes Group Of Fungi?
- What Are Mycorrhizae?
- What Are The Variety of Spores in Kingdom Fungi?
- What Are The Contrasting And Overlapping Features Of Algae And Fungi?
- Definitions Of Some Keywords Used In Kingdom Fungi
- What Is Kingdom Fungi?
- Explain Yeast of Ascomycetes Group of Fungi?